ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME
- Support for 12th generation Intel Core processors on socket LGA 1700
- DDR5 memory support, up to 6400 MHz (OC)
- 5-Way Optimization with DIGI+ VRM, TPU, EPU
- Full cooling: large VRM heatsink, M.2 heatsink, hybrid fan connectors and Fan Xpert 4
- AI Overclocking and ASUS EZ DIY
- M.2 PCI-E NVMe and USB 3.2 ports and Thunderbolt 4
- 10 GbE + 2.5 GbE LAN + Wi-Fi 6E + Bluetooth 5.2
- Aura Sync compatible and ARGB fans
Available on backorder
ROG MAXIMUS Z690 EXTREME
Intel® Z690 EATX motherboard with 24+1 power stages, DDR5 with OptiMem III, Five M.2, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with Quick Charge 4+ Support, Dual Thunderbolt™ 4, PCIe® 5.0, Onboard Wi-Fi 6E and Aura Sync RGB lighting
- Socket LGA1700 for 12th Gen Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors
- Intelligent Control: ASUS-exclusive tools including AI Overclocking, AI Cooling, AI Networking and Two-Way AI Noise-Cancelation for easy configuration
- Robust Power Solution: 24+1 teamed power stages rated for 105 A, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and premium metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Cold forged heatsink, enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, penta M.2 heatsinks and dual with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High Performance Networking: Onboard Wi-Fi 6E, Marvell® AQtion 10Gb, Intel® 2.5Gb Ethernet, and ASUS LANGuard
- Fastest Gaming Connectivity: PCIe® 5.0, Gen 5 M.2 slots, USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 front-panel connector with Thunderbolt™ 4 support, rear triple USB Type-C® ports
- Industry Leading Immersive Audio: ROG SupremeFX ALC4082 codec with ESS® ES9018Q2C DAC for high-fidelity audio
- Unmatched Personalization: AniMe Matrix™ LED display, 2” LiveDash OLED, ASUS-exclusive Aura Sync RGB lighting, including one RGB header and three addressable Gen 2 RGB headers
- DIY Friendly Design: Pre-mounted I/O shield, PCIe slot Q-release, V-Latch switch, BIOS FlashBack™, Q-Code, FlexKey, Q-Connector, M.2 Q-Latch, SafeSlot, ROG Glavis and ROG graphics card holder
- Renowned Software: Bundled 1-year AIDA64 Extreme subscription and intuitive UEFI BIOS dashboard with integrated MemTest86
ROG Maximus Z690 EXTREME 12th Gen Intel ATX Motherboard
TOP-TIER PERFORMANCEROG Maximus Z690 Extreme represents the ultimate in enthusiast motherboard design for those who want the best possible option that excels at both air and liquid cooling for 12th Gen Intel® Core™ CPUs. And this platform is packed with the most features that you will find on a ROG Z690 motherboard, including heavy-duty 24+1 power stages, ASUS Enhanced Memory Profiles for top-notch DDR5 speeds, multiple PCIe 5.0 slots, and the exclusive AniMe Matrix™ LED Display.
LGA 1700CPU Socket
12th Generation IntelCompatible CPUs
The Latest ROG VRM Architecture
FRESH, NEW POWER DESIGNModern CPU architectures up the ante for motherboard power design by transitioning from deep power saving modes to full load almost instantaneously. The latest ROG VRM architecture rises to the challenge by utilizing teamed power stages to rapidly swing current, while maintaining exemplary thermal.
1. DUAL 8-PIN PROCOOL II POWER CONNECTORSTwo ProCool connectors ensure a reliable and snug connection to the EPS12V power lines.
2. MICROFINE ALLOY CHOKESEach power stage is accompanied by a high-permeability alloy-core choke rate to handle a whopping 45 amps.
3. 24+1 POWER STAGESThe VRM features 24+1 power stages rated at 105 amps each for the Vcore and two 100-amp power stages for the secondary voltage rails.
4. PREMIUM METALLIC CAPACITORSInput and output filtering is provided by solid-polymer capacitors rated to last thousands of hours at high operating temperatures.
Unprecedented Cooling Performance
KEEP YOUR COMPONENTS ICE COLDROG Maximus Z690 Extreme features unparalleled flexibility for either air or liquid cooling, thanks to a diverse array of heavyweight heat dissipation that keeps power delivery, M.2 drives and onboard components running cool under load, regardless of the available airflow.
1. VRM HEATSINKA VRM heatsink is placed on the MOSFETs and chokes, and the embedded heatpipe connects to the aluminium I/O cover.
2. ALUMINIUM, I/O COVERAn aluminium I/O cover is connected to the primary heatsink via an embedded heatpipe, increasing mass and surface area for dissipation.
3. COLD-FORGED HEATSINKThe heatsink cover is crafted from pure aluminum to efficiently cool the two onboard M.2 drives
4. SOLID-STEEL BACKPLATEThe steel, electro-galvanized, cold-rolled coil construction strengthens Maximus Z690 Extreme to prevent bending, and is finished in motherboard-matching black.
5. HIGH-CONDUCTIVITY THERMAL PADA high-quality thermal pad improves overall heat transfer from the system by bridging the heat generated by the power stages to the heatsink.
6. M.2 BACKPLATESDual M.2 slots feature back-plate blocks that ensure high-performance drives deliver peak performance even when airflow is restricted.
7. CHIPSET HEATSINKA dedicated chipset heatsink draws heat away to maintain optimum operating temperatures.
Cooler By Design
MULTIPLE TEMPERATURE SOURCESEach header can be set to monitor and react to three user-configurable thermal sensors for workload-based cooling, and all settings can be easily managed by Fan Xpert 4 or via the UEFI.
True Performance Innovation
WELCOME DDR5 MEMORYA huge leap forwards for memory performance DDR5 memory has been unleashed. Comprehensive memory tuning options are the cornerstone of ROG motherboards. For DDR5, the Maximus Z690 lineup breaks performance limits by providing a stacked suite of overclocking parameters for not only high-speed kits, but even entry-level memory modules that have a locked power management IC (PMIC).
Your Network at Light-Speed
WIFI 6EOnboard WiFi 6E technology takes advantage of the newly available radio spectrum in the 6 GHz band, providing up to three times the bandwidth of the 5 GHz band and up to seven 160 MHz bands to deliver ultrafast wireless networking speeds along with improved capacity and better performance in dense wireless environments.
MARVELL® AQTION 10 GBPS ETHERNETDesigned to meet the demanding requirements of power users and content creators, 10 Gbps onboard Ethernet provides a new level of home networking. With up to 10 times the bandwidth of standard gigabit Ethernet, you’ll enjoy streaming uncompressed 4K UHD videos and system backups and file transfers that are faster than ever before.
INTEL® 2.5 GB ETHERNETOnboard 2.5 Gb Ethernet gives your wired connection a boost, with up to a 2.5X improvement over standard Ethernet connections for faster file transfers, smoother lag-free gaming and high-res video streaming.
Maximise Your Storage Capabilities
PCIE 5.0 READYROG Maximus Z690 Extreme is features three onboard M2 slots, with one offering support for the latest PCIe 5.0 SSDs.
ROG DIMM.2The ROG DIMM.2 module is an innovative expansion card that allows two M.2 drives to be connected via a DDR4 interface. You can then add a metal heatsink, helping to control thermals for maximum performance while elevating aesthetics.
Aesthetics to Take Your Breath Away
AURA SYNCUp your game with complementary Aura Sync enhanced aesthetics, featuring preset lighting effects that can be easily synchronised across compatible ROG graphics cards, monitors, mice and keyboards to give your setup a unified look.
ANIME MATRIX LEDThis innovative display features an RGB grid of mini LEDs that can be programmed to show off style with custom lighting designs, unique animations and live audio visualizations. Plus, distinctive soundwave lighting effects can even flash to the sound of a person’s voice.
LIVEDASH OLEDThe ROG Maximus Z690 Extreme includes LiveDash, a built-in 2-inch OLED panel that shows useful information and features customizable graphics. During the power-on, self-test (POST) phase, the OLED shows key stats in simple language using traditional POST codes. In normal operation, the panel can be programmed to show CPU frequency, device temperatures, fan speeds or water-cooling information. You can also personalize the default OLED GIF with a preferred image or animation.
Fully Comprehensive Connectivity
1. BIOS FLASHBACK
2. CLEAR CMOS
3. 1X HDMI
4. 10GB ETHERNET
5. 2.5GB ETHERNET
6. 1X THUNDERBOLT 4 USB TYPE-C
7. 8X USB 3.2 GEN 2 PORTS
8. WIFI 6E
9. OPTICAL S/PDIF OUT
10. HD AUDIO CONNECTORS
11. 1X USB 3.2 GEN2X2
12. 1X THUNDERBOLT 4 TYPE-C PORT
13. 6X SATA 6GB/S
|Dimensions||40 × 40 × 18 cm|